CERTIFIED PRACTISING SPEECH PATHOLOGIST
Available Monday to Friday
Sheriden has been working as a speech pathologist in South Australia since 2013.
Sheriden has a particular focus in working with people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and facilitating groups consisting of members who use AAC.
Sheriden has employment experience in the following areas:
- Non-government organisation – provision of services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and ADHD
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation – focusing on language acquisition and development
- Language development, reminiscence therapy and swallowing with people with Dementia and Alzheimer’s
Sheriden’s primary area of experience and knowledge is working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and who have little to no speech:
- Assessment, prescription, development and support for the use of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems such as picture, symbol and word boards/books, speech generating devices, iPads/iPods, key word signs and gestures
- Experience and training in the prescription, use and support of PODD communication books and Proloquo2Go.
- Training for education and care staff about communication and the use of AAC.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, 2011; Master of Speech Pathology, Flinders University, 2013
Memberships: Speech Pathology Australia, AGOSCI