Certified Practising Speech Pathologist
Available Monday to Friday
Kate has worked as a speech pathologist in South Australia since 2011.
Kate has a particular interest in the use of social media both professionally and in assisting people who use AAC to access social media networks.
Kate has employment experience in the following areas:
- Non-government organisation – provision of services to children with disabilities with particular experience in technology solutions and PODD (Pragmatically Organised Dynamic Display) communication books
- Tutor for AAC topic – Flinders University – Disability and Social Inclusion
- Clinical Educator – supervision of Speech Pathology students
Primary area of focus is working with children and adults who have little to no speech (complex communication needs)
- Assessment, prescription, development and support for the use of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems such as picture, symbol and word boards/books, speech generating devices, iPads/iPods, key word signs and gestures
- Experience supporting people who require alternative access to their communication system, such as switch access/scanning and eye gaze.
- Experience and training in the prescription, use and support of PODD communication books
- Training for education and care staff about communication and the use of AAC
- Experience in further developing oral speech for children with little or no speech and has completed Introduction to PROMPT technique training
Qualifications: Bachelor of Speech Pathology with Honours, University of Queensland, 2011.
Memberships: Speech Pathology Australia, AGOSCI, AGOSCI SA Co-Representative.